Vice President, Commercialization
- Close Date
- 7 Jul 2017
CCRM is a Canadian, federally incorporated, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the development of foundational technologies that accelerate the commercialization of stem cell and biomaterials-based technologies and therapies. For more information about CCRM, please visit our website at http://www.ccrm.ca.
- As an ongoing process, collaboratively develop, reposition and refine CCRM’s technology focus by staying abreast of therapeutic industry and technology trends as well as conducting internal/external strategic development sessions/workshops that drive thought leadership.
- Provide leadership and management for internal development and external intellectual property sourcing programs.
- Provide leadership and management to an advanced network of academic & industry partners and develop/refine and implement new strategies to enhance collaborations with the intent of securing and facilitating development (concept through commercialization) of regenerative medicine intellectual property.
- Forecast, define and manage strategic directions for CCRM’s IP portfolio, towards maximizing returns on portfolio investments.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of the technology advancement teams, which include Directors and Managers responsible for both business and technical (lab-based) diligence on technologies.
- Manage staffing of technology advancement teams to maximize productivity and growth.
- Stay abreast of regenerative medicine industry trends and cultivate relationships in both academia and industry to facilitate exposure to commercial opportunities.
- Lead and manage the creation of business plan and financial models associated with new and existing commercial plans.
- Negotiate and execute on agreements that include CDAs, MTAs, service agreements, options and in-licenses, out-licenses, and collaboration agreements.
- Stakeholder management for key academic and industry relationships.
- Provide leadership, strategy and management of monetization efforts related to CCRM’s expertise in contract services for regulatory expertise, laboratory services, process and manufacturing services and clinical trial services (CDMO services).
- Represent CCRM and its activities externally at conferences and meetings to drive technology sourcing and service revenue.
- In coordination with executive colleagues, create, communicate and implement the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction within the technology advancement teams.
- Provide regular updates of progress, successes and challenges to achieving goals and metrics to C-level executives and the Board of Directors.
- Create and manage annual budgets and ensure adherence to budget allocations.
- Evaluate business metrics with the intent of improving efficiencies, optimizing costs and growing productivity.
- PhD or MSc in Biology, Bioengineering or related field.
- MBA or equivalent experience plus 10+ years experience in an Industry setting that encompasses cell therapy commercialization.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-functional team and making critical recruitment and staffing/structuring decisions.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated contract and agreement execution experience.
- Strong presence and confidence in presenting to audiences in the field of Regenerative Medicine and Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- A network of key opinion leaders in both academia and industry.
- A strong understanding of regenerative medicine processes, technologies and regulatory/quality requirements.
- Independent, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical skills and the ability to multitask and succeed in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead business interactions in combination with scientific/technical expertise or to create teams that can effectively do so.