Manager, Technology Sourcing and Evaluation
- Close Date
- 30 Nov 2017
We are seeking a Manager, Technology Sourcing and Evaluation. You will lead a team of commercialization analysts to establish a program for active sourcing and evaluation of technologies relevant to the fields of cell and gene therapy that align with CCRM’s internal interests for proprietary development, company creation, and investment.
CCRM, based in Toronto, Canada, is a unique not-for-profit group that is developing and commercializing cell and gene therapies and regenerative medicine technologies. We are leveraging our network of academics, industry partners and investors to tackle significant problems and advance our most promising technologies to the market to meet the needs of patients. For more information about CCRM, please visit our website at http://www.ccrm.ca.
Technology Sourcing and Evaluation
- Establish a program for active sourcing of technologies relevant to the fields of cell and gene therapy that align with CCRM internal interests for proprietary development, company creation, or investment.
- Liaise with academic investigators and technology transfer offices to facilitate intake of technology disclosures.
- Collaborate with the Launch business unit to identify company creation opportunities based on promising individual or bundles of technologies, or gaps in market needs.
- Assist with the initial intake and prioritization of external company investment opportunities.
- Prepare and present technology diligence reports outlining the strategic alignment and commercial potential of sourced technologies and external company investment opportunities.
- With the CCRM team, collaboratively develop, reposition and refine CCRM’s technology focus by staying abreast of therapeutic industry and technology trends.
- Cultivate relationships in both academia and industry and represent CCRM and its activities externally at conferences and meetings to drive technology sourcing.
- Lead, guide, manage and evaluate the work of analysts responsible for business and technical diligence of sourced technologies or investment opportunities.
- Implement processes and manage resourcing of the technology assessment team to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Assist with the preparation of agreements that include confidential disclosure agreements (CDAs), material transfer agreements (MTAs), options, in-licenses and out-licenses as required.
- Oversee tracking and management of intellectual property (IP) budget and patent filings associated with in-licensed technologies.
- Establish a supportive team environment and provide regular feedback and coaching to direct reports to ensure continued growth and satisfaction.
- Recognize strategic goals and demonstrate critical thinking in execution towards objectives.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s vision, mission, overall direction and specific objectives to team members.
- Provide clear and concise business, technical and personnel recommendations to senior leadership.
- Provide regular updates of progress, successes and challenges to achieving goals and metrics.
- Contribute to the preparation and management of annual budgets and ensure adherence to budget allocations.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in cell biology, bioengineering or related scientific discipline.
- Specialized knowledge in stem cell biology, regenerative medicine and gene therapy.
- 5+ years experience in an Industry setting that encompasses cell therapy commercialization.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills and experience.
- Strong presence and confidence in presenting to audiences in the field of Regenerative Medicine and Cell and Gene Therapy.
- A network of key opinion leaders in both academia and industry.
- Strong understanding of regenerative medicine processes, technologies, and regulatory/quality requirements.
- Independent, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical skills and the ability to multitask and succeed in a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience supervising personnel.
- Demonstrated project management experience with a successful track record of on-time and on-budget execution.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead business interactions in combination with scientific/technical expertise.
CCRM is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applications are due by 6:59 PM EDT on the date indicated at the top of this job posting.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
CCRM is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.