Deliver - GMP Contract Manufacturing
- Close Date
- 15 Oct 2017
As the Facilities Coordinator at CCRM you will be part of a diverse team focused on process optimization and technology development projects within the cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields. You will be responsible for overseeing the brand new good manufacturing practices (GMP) facility’s operation and ensuring the infrastructure, laboratories, equipment and supplies necessary for cutting-edge medical research and development are available.
CCRM, based in Toronto, Canada, is a unique not-for-profit group that is developing and commercializing cell and gene therapies and regenerative medicine technologies. We are leveraging our network of academics, industry partners and investors to tackle significant problems and advance our most promising technologies to the market to meet the needs of patients. For more information about CCRM, please visit our website at www.ccrm.ca.
- Oversee all aspects of facility maintenance and operation, including laboratories, offices and storage.
- Create a suitable environment for the purpose and needs of the facility and oversee site environmental, health and safety policies, execution and training compliance.
- Design the preventative maintenance plan for all equipment in the GMP facility.
- Execute on the preventative maintenance plan:
- Using in-house resources
- Using third-party contractors
- Collaborate with Centre for Cell and Vector Production (CCVP) team members to ensure minimal downtime and optimal facility performance.
- Ensure equipment is purchased, installed and maintained.
- Drive effective communication and manage expectations across the Deliver department and CCVP team.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility and positivity and motivate others to do the same.
- Continuously grow and adapt in a fast-moving field to keep yourself and the organization at the forefront of the cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields.
- Manage the maintenance of the building by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed.
- Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long and short-term improvements and maintenance. Prepare risk mitigation plan for any interruptions in managing the facility.
- Handle certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for facility owners.
- Ensure the security of the building by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance processes of security staff members.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- Use best business practices to manage and reduce operational costs.
- Create a budget for various facility needs and expenses.
- Compare costs for various goods and services before selecting the best options for the facility.
- Demonstrated facilities and space management, business management experience, preferably in a biological engineering or sciences R&D environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of maintenance budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong English written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong skills in using relevant software programs, and a quick learner of new software programs.
- Independent, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical, problem- solving, time-management skills and the ability to multitask and succeed in a team environment.
- Familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues and grounds maintenance.
- Budgeting, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Proficiency in project management and strong believer in continuous improvement.
- Sound knowledge of building mechanical/electrical systems (e.g. HVAC).
- Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency with computer productivity software (e.g. MS Office, Wrike, Gantts, etc.) and CAD tools (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidEdge).
CCRM is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applications are due by 6:59 PM EDT on the date indicated at the top of this job posting.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
CCRM is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.